Taking care of your skin is essential, after all it is the body’s largest living organ. However, nowadays many skincare products contain toxins and chemicals with wizardly named appellations, that suffocates and poisons our skin.
But cry no more ! We found a range of natural and organic ingredients and blends that you can use for anti-ageing and to keep your skin looking smooth, supple and radiant ; chemical-free.
Why should I choose organic skincare products?
Many mainstream products contain chemicals that are easily absorbed into the skin and can enter the blood stream. Many of the ingredients in these products also inhibit the skin’s ability to breathe and can be linked to conditions such as allergies and headaches.
Choosing organic skincare products or natural ingredients is a natural and effective way to get your skin feeling and looking radiant. Organic and natural products work with your skin to enhance its regenerative and healing properties. Natural and Organic skincare like the NUMBER 2: JOUVENCE SERUM are chemical and pesticide free, meaning it is better for your body and the environment.
What to avoid
Reading the labels of your skincare products will show you what ingredients you are putting on your skin. If the ingredient sounds too scientific like sodium lauryl sulphate or BHT , you need to avoid to buy that product at all cause. This toxin has been linked to health problems such as contact dermatitis, kidney damage and liver abnormalities.
...And it is not the only one. Other Harmful ingredients to avoid include:
- Propylene glycol
- Sodium lauryl sulphate
- Methyl paraben, propyl paraben, butyl paraben, ethyl paraben
- Imidazolidinyl urea and diazolidinyl urea
- Stearalkonium chloride
Even when buying organic skincare products it is still essential to read the labels. Some of them might be marketed as "organic and natural" but may include harmful preservatives and preparation aids.
Take it raw !
A totally natural skin care regime can be achieved with the help of some organic and raw products that will assist in the anti-ageing process, nourish the skin and keep it healthy. Here are some beneficial ingredients to look for in organic skin care products.
- Raw ( unrefined) vegetable and nut oils contain lipids, tryglycerides, sterols and antioxidants. They replace lipids within the skin’s intercellular matrix and help restore barrier function.
- Essential oils reach the deeper layers of the skin where they can hydrate, nourish and rejuvenate skin cells.
- Vitamin A moisturises the skin and scalp, improves the texture of photo-damaged skin and enhances the skin’s elasticity. Vitamin B moisturises the hair, skin and nails, and soothes and enhances the healing process of dry skin. Vitamin C may be useful in restoring a smooth surface to ageing skin. Vitamin E can enhance the performance of UV blockers while softening the skin and moisturising deep within the epidermis. Vitamin C and Vitamin E are also both potent antioxidants.
- Beneficial herbs and botanicals include aloe vera, lavender oil and nettle. Organic skin care products such as oils and butters are also growing in popularity. Some healthy ingredients are avocado oil, hemp oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and shea butter.
- Other beneficial ingredients in organic skincare products include grapeseed extract, glycerine, alphalipoic acid, seaweed extract and pomegranate extract.
Alternatively , you can use Step 3 : Anti-Ageing Stem Cell(available in our e-store) which is the perfect blend of all the ingredients mentioned above.