" Wear your hat darling !" " Put your Sunscreen on or you're gonna bake mate !"
We've heard it all before and are all well aware of how important it is to protect our skin from the sun.
Whether we’re out and about on a sunny day in L.A or whether we’re just driving to work under London's cloud cover , the UV rays from the sun are ever-present and can cause invisible damage to the skin that never , ever , everrrr goes away.
When trying to live a natural & eco-friendly lifestyle it can be difficult to find a plain natural sun care and sun protection products that are toxins - free , vegan , paraben-free & more.
Luckily, there are a number of organic, vegan oils that contain SPF naturally.
Rather than using the chemical-laden sunscreens that are available in most mainstream grocery stores and pharmacies, you can add these products to your daily skincare routine in order to ensure you’re safe, healthy, and protected.
Oils with Natural SPF levels
Carrot Seed Oil SPF lvl 35-40
Carrot seed oil has many benefits due to its antiseptic, antioxidant, carminative (flatulent-reducing), and diuretic (urine-stimulating) properties. The oil also has moisturizing vitamin E and protective vitamin C, which work together to help bring new life to skin. In fact, carrot seed oil has a reputation for helping with sensitive skin too. It is also this ability that makes carrot seed oil a great anti-aging ingredient, as well.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil SPF lvl 25-50
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil is popular in terms of SPF benefits because of its high potency. Depending on the quality of the oil you buy, this oil can have an SPF of anywhere between 28 and 50. It’s close to the caliber of the protection you would get from most sunscreens (which contain titanium dioxide rather than natural oils). This oil also releases antioxidants and is great for conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Wheatgerm Oil SPF lvl 20
- Benefits of Topical Use. Wheat-germ oil is readily absorbed by your skin, which makes it an effective moisturizer and an appropriate topical treatment. When applied to your skin, wheat-germ oil delivers a healthy infusion of vitamin A, vitamin D, B vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids.
- Camellia Seed Oil SPF lvl 3-6
- This oil is a very nutritious additive to many natural face creams and anti-aging serums. It’s highly penetrating, which means it absorbs into the skin quickly. Its primary function is moisture, but it also has SPF properties block harmful UV rays.
- Refined Buriti Fruit Oil SPF lvl 3-8
- The buriti tree is a South African palm tree that bears extremely nutritious fruit. The oil from the fruit can moisturize and repair the epidermis and improve skin elasticity due to its high levels of beta-carotene. It is also high in protective antioxidants.
- Urucum Seed Oil SPF lvl 3-8
- This oil contains powerful antioxidants and carotenoids. It is known for its SPF and its skin-repairing properties. (Also known as annatto oil.)